Ten reasons for educators to have SharePoint
Assured in business process services
As Vanilla Ice said, ‘All right stop, collaborate and listen…’
- Trojan horse: Kids and young adults are already using mobiles, tablets, phablets and laptops, why not use them as a kind of educational Trojan horse?
- Educate anywhere: SharePoint allows educators to create, deliver and manage content from any device, anywhere, anytime.
- Collaborate: At its core SharePoint is a collaboration platform, which is the Holy Grail teachers, lecturers and professors seek.
- Share: At its most basic it’s a content management tool – it shares content. Something we could all have done with when we missed that Monday morning lecture.
- DIY: SP makes websites, so schools and universities don’t need special programmers, lecturers don’t need to be web designers, you don’t need HTML and anyone can edit, change and contribute to these websites.
- Dynamic presentation: It’s easy for academic staff to develop captivating multimedia presentations and high-quality, interactive course materials, which they can store in a content management system with workflows making it easier to track and manage eLearning.
- Distance learning: Makes distance learning much easier. It’s a system designed for anywhere, anytime.
- SP can equip students and academic staff with tools for vibrant, engaging learning. Academic staff have powerful tools to provide meaningful, contextual help and feedback right in the video, podcast or presentation they are assessing. They can deliver their classes as podcasts and video conferences, extending learning beyond the institution.
- SP provides smart management capabilities that will streamline your IT, making it more efficient and secure, allowing for higher operational efficiency.
- At a higher capability (up in the Cirrus clouds) level SP could also provide university research teams with smart tools for team collaboration, analysis, development and professional authoring, plus the computing power for data mining, complex numerical calculations and computation.
Equiniti, MS Hosting Partner of the Year, in partnership with Microsoft are world class partners and local experts in customised cloud offering customers hybrid cloud and Azure-enabled solutions.
Want to know more about how Equiniti’s applications in the cloud can take your business to the next level and to avail of our free cloud-readiness appraisal click here.